Dunedin Harmony Chorus meets at 7.30 each Tuesday evening at the Andersons Bay Bowling Club, 31 Bayfield Road, Dunedin.
We are always happy to welcome prospective new members. You need not be an experienced singer or even know how to read music. Musical education is part of the barbershop experience and learning tools are provided. If you are energetic, interested in being the best you can be, and love to sing, we would love to hear from you.
Here are the basics:
- You need to be able to sing in tune
- You need to be able to hear those around you and blend your voice with theirs as we are group singers, not solo performers.
- You need to be able to eventually hold your own because there are times when you are singing while standing by someone who isn't your part.
- Ideally you will begin a warm-up routine at home before you practice. You can specificaly work on many different skills at once.
- In order to keep your level consistent and/or improve, you will need to have a plan for practicing songs at home, whether with the help of learning tracks or not. Just like exercising the body, if you do it on a regular basis, you will reap the benefits.
- You will have plenty of help and remember that all members had to start at the beginning too!